Friday, November 2, 2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

I truly don't have much more to say about this recipe other than that it is the best dang chicken salad I have ever eaten. Avocados + lime + cilantro + green onion + chicken + salt = heaven. 

I found the recipe some time ago on Pinterest, and it seemed so simple and inexpensive that I had to try it. I don't know what it is about the flavors, but they are kind of perfect together, and I have a really hard time cutting myself off and saving the rest for later. I have made this twice in one week, and I can tell that this is going to be a recipe staple for me. This recipe is not spicy at all, but it would be really great with some chopped jalapeƱo or a bit of cayenne pepper for a kick. 

Serve the chicken salad with tons of tortilla chips and you are set. Happy eating!



Avocado Chicken Salad
Makes about 4-6 servings

2 (10-ounce) cans chicken breast meat (such as Bumblebee brand), drained
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime
Heavy pinch coarse salt
Diced avocado, for serving

In a bowl, combine the drained chicken breast meat with the mayonnaise, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Right before serving, mix in as much diced avocado as you like. I use about 1/4 avocado per serving. If you don't plan on eating all of the chicken salad at once, store the rest of the avocado in the fridge, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap (otherwise it will turn brown). Serve with tons of tortilla chips and dig in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment