Friday, October 7, 2011

Individual Chocolate Pudding Dump Cakes

Folks, I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is more chocolate! I'm not kidding. I've had an insatiable craving for chocolate since I woke up this morning, and although I was going to save making these cakes for later in the week, I couldn't help myself. Chocolate is kind of my weakness. 










You will not believe how easy, quick, and bleeping delicious these chocolate pudding dump cakes are! Okay, so a "dump" cake doesn't really sound that appetizing, I completely understand, but one of my favorite food bloggers (Jenna from Eat, Live, Run) posted a recipe for this stuff the other day, and suffice it to say I wanted it right then and there. Basically, this pudding cake, which is composed of solely chocolate pudding and chocolate cakes mixes and some milk to bind it together, kicks chocolate cravings to the curb like some sort of chocolate ninja! One of the best things about these is that they have no eggs, which is even more incentive to both lick the spoon after mixing, and to let them stay ever so slightly gooey on the inside. No salmonella here!




What else can I say? If your chocolate cravings are as intense as mine, why not whip these out and dig in? 



Individual Chocolate Pudding Dump Cakes

* You can also make this in a 13x9-inch baking pan, just make sure to bake it for 30 minutes, or until the edges pull away slightly from the sides of the pan


1 small package chocolate pudding mix (I used Jello brand Devil's Food flavor)
1 box chocolate cake mix (I love Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines, but any brand will work)
1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk or regular milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the pudding mix and milk according to package directions. Add the cake mix and stir to combine - the batter will be very thick. Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon the batter evenly into each cup and smooth the tops. Sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges pull away slightly from the sides of the muffin cups. Cool slightly (if you have the will power, unlike myself) and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment